Monday, September 8, 2014

Be patient: Only God knows the perfect time

  Don't cling. "If a person loves you, 

it's unnecessary. And if he doesn't, why bother?"


That guy and I have met when we were in high school. We were both in the same year level but different sections. I have joined the school newspaper organization as a writer even though I was not enthusiastic about writing articles; he was also one of the members. I found him interesting, probably because opposite attracts, I’m bold and he is silent but I really enjoy being with him. He is out of the ordinary, whenever I see him I melt.(cheesy!!!eer but that's true!)


We've been a high school couple, at that time we were young and immature. Unfortunately our “first” relationship lasted for only a year because we both had to go to college, at first I knew that the love won't fade, so I was confident that after summer vacation he would still be there and we can continue as if nothing happened but there was one thing I failed to do, I didn’t keep in touch with him for two months not knowing that he began to lose hope and fell out of love.It was just like the Korean saying “out of sight, out of mind”. But for me it was not yet the end.

Since we went to different universities, it was hard for me to talk to him but I exerted an effort in order to save our relationship. I’ve waited for five to six hours in front of his university, I stayed near his house, I kept calling and texting him but I got only short replies, I was like a stalker but I didn’t mind that, even though some of my friends were telling me that I was degrading myself. One day, I spotted him with his friends and tried to grab his hands; his face was cold, instead of asking how am I, he just gave a smirk and said “it’s done, can’t you understand?” when I heard that I slapped him and walked away. (ang drama lang ng peg!!!)I didn't bother him from that day on.

It was hard but I set him free. I tried to date other people; however I couldn't get him off my mind. He was so special and nobody could replace him, and for some reason I had faith that he would contact me. I was crying for months but I tried to be as strong as I could. I met different friends, I became happy without him but whenever I pass through those places where we accidentally met,I stopped and looked around hoping that I would meet him again. 

We didn’t have any communication for 5 years. I had a boyfriend but I couldn’t help but to compare them, in spite of the fact that He did something terrible to me. He left me out of the blue but it was difficult to explain why I was still longing for him.

Facebook was really a big help. When I was surfing the internet, I saw my high school batch mates’ pictures they have created a group, so I joined. I searched for his name and added him to my friends’ list. At first I didn’t contact him because I was thinking that he was doing great without me. Until I realized that I was not fully recovered with our break up, I sent him a message but no reply, so I left my number and told him to contact me when he’s free.  After few days I received a message from a number that was not in my phone-book. I didn’t expect it was him since the format of his message has changed(alam ko talaga format text nya before). It took ages before he replied. We exchanged three to four messages but I couldn't be so nice to him probably because I was deeply hurt. 

I thought the reason why I was still looking for him was to make things clear. After few weeks of thinking, I decided to contact him again. At first it was just a casual conversation until we talked about the past. I told him that I was still mad at him. At that time we started to update each other, we noticed that we grew up separately, and now we could communicate better and understand each other like adults. It may sound “corny” but love is sweeter the second time around. We lived our lives separately for five years, now; it’s our 5th year again since we got back together.(Imagine it's been a decade!!!)



The reason why I wrote this story is to tell you that, Never get obsessed, Let them go and give them the space they want. Be patient – only God knows the perfect timing. Sabi nga sa movie "If you love something set it free. If it comes back to you, it's yours. If it doesn't, it never was.”

I am sure that he is someone I want to marry "someday" not now because we still have individual plans for professional development. I guess we were destined to meet. We grew up miles apart so how come we've crossed each other's path? Whatever that reason is, I could care less as long as I'm with him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment