Thursday, March 12, 2015

Legalizing Adultery? Are you kidding me?

What's happening?

Adultery is voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and someone other than his or her lawful spouse. The act of Adultery has been considered a crime punishable even by death by the religious people in different parts of the world. It is Immoral, and I can say that it is worse than Illegal.

Park Han-chul said that “It’s realistically impossible that all unethical acts face criminal justice,” I can understand a bit what he means. Maintaining prisons is costly and adultery is one of the common crimes committed but isn’t it right that law must help protect our traditional family values?

Marriage is sacred and rightful and it is protected by all religions. Through the sacrament of marriage, you are giving an assurance that you will love that person forever. If you love the person, you will consider his/her feelings. Do you think “adultery” doesn't give emotional stress?

Few people say that infidelity is outside the justice system and I am not really sure if Korea has a law against emotional abuse. One thing I am really sure of, Adultery can ruin a family, and it seriously harms you and the people around you. If someone commits suicide or loses his/her mind because of “adultery”, do you think adulterating husband/wife isn't responsible?

In my opinion if a person isn't sure of his/her feelings towards someone, it will be better not to consider “marriage”. Marriage means commitment for a life-time and for me, it means staying loyal. Most relationships fail because of lack of commitment if “adultery will be legalize” what’s the sense of getting married? And what is the sense of being committed to someone?


Anyway, I don’t have the right to tell the Korean Government not to legalize adultery since I am not a Korean. I am only being opinionated. Different people have different opinions. I was just intrigued by this trending “hot” topic that I have read recently. 


Reference:

No comments:

Post a Comment